Friday, July 8, 2011

Loving encouragement from God

It’s not uncommon for our staff to hear from a resident mom who comes in the office and announces, “I got the job” or “I got an A in the class”. We are equally thrilled to watch as our resident children engage in new activities such as their recent improvisation exercise during their “drama week” in the school-age program. It’s these types of successes that encourage us in the day to day work of the ministry of serving God’s people in need.

But on days when a mom or child is having a particularly difficult time or there are more problems with the computers or an overwhelming workload, discouragement can creep in and the stress mounts for our overworked staff. I had one of those days yesterday. It’s at these times that we need to take a break and refocus ourselves (myself) on God, knowing that He is in total control of His ministry and we are just the tools of His hands. It’s not about the “doing”, but more importantly it’s about the “being” with Him that matters most. When I do this I find my attitude changes and peace returns.

Yesterday in the middle of my pity party, God reminded me of His constant presence with us. I opened a donation that we received in the mail from a generous couple with a note saying it was given in honor of the great work that we do. I couldn’t help but cry at the loving touch from God through this faithful couple. I ended my day with a greater sense of peace than I had felt all week.

I just wanted you to know how much your loving support and encouragement means to us and how deeply we appreciate your committed partnership. Thank you for walking with us on this journey of faith. We love you!

Hope you enjoy the weekend. I think the heat is getting to me as I found myself following Kate Middleton's top fashion looks on the royal couple's North American tour. Until next week …

Sue Oehmig
Founder and Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment