Friday, October 30, 2009

Up close and personal

Anyone else depressed by the dreary rainy weather we’ve had lately? It doesn’t make my already overwhelmed week any better. Our “bare bones” staff from budget reductions this year is stretched even tighter these days with an added vacancy in our children’s ministry. So I’ve been spending some time with “Abba’s Angels” - our youngest residents – along with grant deadlines, transportation challenges, and even water problems in the house due to us operating at capacity. This all sounds pretty depressing doesn’t it – especially for a Friday – but in my introduction to my blog I said I’d be giving you “an up close and personal look into our ministry to homeless families”. This is the other side of the ministry we don’t often talk about. It’s through these tough times that our character is tested and grows. I keep reminding myself that God uses the challenges to make us more like His Son!

We are searching for a temporary full- or part-time Children’s Ministry Director who is “director qualified” based on Office of Child Care licensing regulations. If you know someone who might feel called to join our ministry team and serve our little ones, please send them our way.

Let’s pray for the sun to come out – and stay out. The fall leaves ARE gorgeous even in the rain! Have a blessed weekend. Until next week …

Sue Oehmig
Founder and Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment